Saturday, July 5, 2008

My sacred space...for now

single and a curtain.



And this is where I live for now. With Niki gone, I have the apartment all to myself. I took the double bed and room with the door from the first day, "The big room for the big girl." That's what Erhard said. Her room came with a

he boss, his girlfriend, and Niki all went to Athens day before yesterday, July 3rd. Niki has been trying to find an excuse to leave after the first few days of work. I'm not sure what the real reason was in the end. She was worried about money, also may have a job in Lesbos cleaning in a hotel. It was a sort of pilgrimage for her, to see Lesbos, but in the end, she didn't know if she would just stay with her family for a bit then onto a new farm (she's scheduled to work at Andy's with the sheep in Kastelia) or to Lesbos if the job comes through, or back to the states.

But she's gone and Jody (the dog) and I are enjoying the solitude. Erhard (my current host) is due back with his girlfriend this afternoon. I'm just hoping he decides not to work again tomorrow. I've been here since June 25th and have only worked 4 days. It's hard work, very hard, but still...4 days of work from the 25th of June to July 5, hmm, 10 days. Nice. I'm enjoying another book, "Kafka on the Shore" by Haruki Murakami. Read it and write comments. It feels sometimes like I'm writing into an vacuum.

2 comments:

La Kaje said...

I loved KAFKA ON THE SHORE. Did you finish it? Murakami had an autobiographical bit about jogging in an old New Yorker I just read on the Italy trip. Very interesting, that guy. ANd his characters.

Majnuneh said...

I did finish it and loved it so much i kept it in my luggage to re-read parts at home. I completely forgot that Jenn got it from you, read it at your place.