Saturday, July 5, 2008

a morning walk






I''d promised Jody a walk when Erhard left two days ago and so we headed out into the village this morning coming across the old woman watering her garden. I felt like I'd stolen something as I noiselessly removed the lense cap and shot this photo.

I took my book and we walked through the narrow streets that make up this village outside the main road that runs through it. We settled in an old church square where I eventualy ordered a beer, (it was afternoon somewhere in the world I was sure and I needed something cold), it turned out to be Amstel and sat under the shade an hour or two with the dog and Kafka on the Shore. The old men were playing their card game at a nearby table outside the taverna, a inconspicuous doorway leading into a blaring television, a bar, snacks and loud voices.

2 comments:

La Kaje said...

is the checkerboard fence one the pic where you felt like you were stealing something? It DOES look like that! Maybe it's the prison look, the separation...

Majnuneh said...

That was it. The woman had no idea I'd taken her picture. And her photo was something that I wanted very badly, valuable to me- completely unknown to her.