Monday, July 7, 2008

Sardine Festival in Agnios Nicolois





i WENT OUT WITH Erhard and his Doretta his beautiful Greek girlfriend last night looking for live music. We found it along with the nationally celebrated CELEBRATION OF THE SARDINE in a seaside village nearby. The local municipality funded a sardine barbque in which there was as much as you can eat and drink: free grilled sardines, pasta with something resembling calamari, Amstel beers, and cheerful chefs/fishermen. The sardines are eaten whole and a little bit crunchy, you know. On the plate they included boiled potatoes, a potato and garlic puree, boiled greens and some bread. I went over for a quick photo of the sardines and made quick friends. They even threw a fireworks show so I really felt like it was my birthday. And what a birthday. I'll write more about that later, when there's more time online.

2 comments:

La Kaje said...

wow...what amazing experiences... this reminds me of a town party we happened upon our first night in Porano! how wonderful... And what's with Greece and Amstel?

Majnuneh said...

It's Amstel and Heinikin actually. They're crazy about both.