Sheep's milk at the cheese factory
Andy's aunt in Itea
Sangrine, a beautiful person travelling and staying at the same house as me in Delphi
Apollo's temple
6/17
It’s Tuesday. Andy took me by the cheese factory where he dropped of the sheep’s milk then to Itea. The cheese factory was a lot of barrels of milk, some machinery and long stainless steal tables with edges turned up where they light and cut the cheese.
Itea is a beautiful seaside village of his parents where we met his cousin Younis who opened up a gourmet coffee shop. Andy showed me his mom’s house, upstairs of his cousin, her sister. It’s the same house and the parents willed it to the two sisters so his cousin, wife and daughter live downstairs. We had a coffee and met his aunt at a taverna on the water for an ouzo, at 10:30 a.m. She’s an older and very funny woman always on the verge of laughing..
Then he brought me to Delphi where we had lunch, found a room, and he was off, leaving me to myself. The room at the Pension Odyssses has a beautiful veranda shaded in a ceiling of grapevines, young grapes hanging down. Beyond the edge was the mountain’s edge then a towering mountain range, the growing village of Itea and the Gulf of Corinth, the sea.
I made my way to the museum and site of Apollo’s temple, paid 9 Euro for both and traversed the mountain, passing many ruins, drank from a fountain on the way and made it clear to the stadium on top. All this I did during midday and under the sun. I wondered briefly through the museum, a lot of old carvings. I really thought I might have cared more about these invaluable pieces of ancient society…
My short siesta turned into 5 hours of sleep. Waking at 9:30, I realized that hiking under that sun wore me out. I made it out and had a cold beer at an internet café/taverna, then to an outdoor café for a beer and my book. That’s when the souvlaky sandwich guy came by in his work t-shirt, invited me to a beer and then to the two clubs in town. We danced a lot, even to Lil’ Wayne, before I politely fled from him just after he desperately whispered, “I love you.”
Next day, I wandered through the town’s quiet streets, had lunch and took an afternoon back to Itea and the sea.
It’s Tuesday. Andy took me by the cheese factory where he dropped of the sheep’s milk then to Itea. The cheese factory was a lot of barrels of milk, some machinery and long stainless steal tables with edges turned up where they light and cut the cheese.
Itea is a beautiful seaside village of his parents where we met his cousin Younis who opened up a gourmet coffee shop. Andy showed me his mom’s house, upstairs of his cousin, her sister. It’s the same house and the parents willed it to the two sisters so his cousin, wife and daughter live downstairs. We had a coffee and met his aunt at a taverna on the water for an ouzo, at 10:30 a.m. She’s an older and very funny woman always on the verge of laughing..
Then he brought me to Delphi where we had lunch, found a room, and he was off, leaving me to myself. The room at the Pension Odyssses has a beautiful veranda shaded in a ceiling of grapevines, young grapes hanging down. Beyond the edge was the mountain’s edge then a towering mountain range, the growing village of Itea and the Gulf of Corinth, the sea.
I made my way to the museum and site of Apollo’s temple, paid 9 Euro for both and traversed the mountain, passing many ruins, drank from a fountain on the way and made it clear to the stadium on top. All this I did during midday and under the sun. I wondered briefly through the museum, a lot of old carvings. I really thought I might have cared more about these invaluable pieces of ancient society…
My short siesta turned into 5 hours of sleep. Waking at 9:30, I realized that hiking under that sun wore me out. I made it out and had a cold beer at an internet café/taverna, then to an outdoor café for a beer and my book. That’s when the souvlaky sandwich guy came by in his work t-shirt, invited me to a beer and then to the two clubs in town. We danced a lot, even to Lil’ Wayne, before I politely fled from him just after he desperately whispered, “I love you.”
Next day, I wandered through the town’s quiet streets, had lunch and took an afternoon back to Itea and the sea.
No comments:
Post a Comment