More photos of Itea and Jenny
And my last journal from Madalaine farm, Andy's farm in Fokidos (state/county).
6/20 Friday.I’m at a café, 6:30 a.m. 3 guys keep staring over here and annoying me, adjust my seat and forget they’re there. Hmm, what to do with myself. Oh, I’ll read my book. Have to finish it before leaving the farm anyway. This place, Itea, is beautiful. All I do is lie on the beach, venture around for good and cheap food, get in and out of the water, or sit around like now and just look at the water. I’ve found a produce market, internet, and the best place for savlaki (just 2 euro).
It’s still Friday and I’m back on the farm near the village of Castelia where Andy rented a house for him and kids when they first moved back from England. The sheep just keep going up and down this giant hill from the oats on the bottom to the corn and clover on the top. Fortunately they graze and move slowly so that I usually have 10 to 15 minutes before rushing to steer them away from something. Walking on the freshly cut clover, I remembered Andy said they would bail it early tomorrow and I should take pictures. And now I keep rushing between the clover and the corn. One just nabbed a few leaves from the corn so I ran screaming with my stick after her. I’ve started yelling in English now instead of the few Greek words Andy taught me. It works better since they don’t seem to know language and I can get the frequency or tone & volume right that way. Such silly animals.
2 comments:
that is a beautiful picture of you and Jenny!
Isn't she great. Thanks. Her spirit is incredible, firey!
Post a Comment