6/19 Thursday
Yesterday I woke up in Delphi, today in Itea. Andy is so flexible it’s hard to know where I’ll be. I met him here yesterday after I’d returned from Delphi and we had the most incredible pizza. I thought he was coming to hang out and I’d just stay at the family house, but he thought he was picking me up (it’s 40 Kilo). We got passed it and nearly finished the enormous pizza with gouda and bacon. He insisted I take the house after I couldn’t find an affordable room. His cousin changed the sheets, brought a cold bottle of water, a glass, an ashtray….They eventually left me alone and I settled in deciding to stay a second night.
Yesterday I woke up in Delphi, today in Itea. Andy is so flexible it’s hard to know where I’ll be. I met him here yesterday after I’d returned from Delphi and we had the most incredible pizza. I thought he was coming to hang out and I’d just stay at the family house, but he thought he was picking me up (it’s 40 Kilo). We got passed it and nearly finished the enormous pizza with gouda and bacon. He insisted I take the house after I couldn’t find an affordable room. His cousin changed the sheets, brought a cold bottle of water, a glass, an ashtray….They eventually left me alone and I settled in deciding to stay a second night.
I spent the time on the boardwalk at cafes, eating a sandwich on the beech and just laying there, and waking with the sun on my second day. When andy came for me on Saturday he found me feeding the fish off the pier. We went to the farmer’s market and grabbed many, many kilos, spent time on the beach with cousin Younis’ daughter Jenny. Younis invited us to lunch and bar-b-qued the chicken Andy had brought. Most of the tourists there, except for the day the cruise ship was there, are Greek’s from other parts of the country. I really loved that little girl’s spirit. Her mom is from Romania, where Youis went for a wife after two failed engagements with Greek women.
No comments:
Post a Comment